Monday, June 1, 2009

Nana's Cake

There are many things I'd like to share with you but first things first. I said I would let you know how Nana's cake went.
It tasted good (The Doctor never lets me down) and each individual tier turned out well. They actually came out the way I pictured them in my head!! That rarely happens. I usually can't reproduce the ideas in my head. So, that was good.
Then the whole hour and a half drive to the party was pretty stressful because I was worried about the cake slipping or falling or whatever. But we made it there without any disasters. So, that was good too. But then I had to put the tiers together. I got them on okay but then they slowly started to lean... and lean...and lean. Someone was like, "We better hurry up and sing Happy Birthday before the cake falls over." Yeah. It was that bad. All the work, all the time, all the planning, the stressing, etc. didn't mean a darn thing because I couldn't get the tiers right. I've done tiered cakes before with no problem so the thing is, I still haven't figured out what went wrong here. Therefore, I can't learn from my mistake! So, to all those people who have asked me why I don't start my own business, this is why. Because after making these cakes for 3 years I obviously still don't know what I'm doing. Anyway.... here it is:
Oh, it's so awful. I can't stand looking at it. Don't look too closely, okay? You might notice how the second and third tiers aren't even connected. I can't take it anymore. I must stop looking. Well, Happy 80th Birthday, Nana!

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. Was the second tier totally flat on top?? That's the only thing I can think of. Or maybe the straws were not even? It was a beautiful cake anyway and we all loved it.

    ReplyDelete