Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gettin' Ready for School

I can't start school when it's still 90 degrees outside. I just can't.
It's just not right to begin a school day without the feel of the crisp fall air outside.
I can't have the kids pose for their "first day of school" pictures wearing tank tops and shorts.
It's not right, guys. It's just not right!!

And you know what else?
I'm not ready to start school anyway. As in, I don't have all my lesson plans together. In fact, I'm even still waiting for our phonics books to come in the mail.
And our classroom? Fuhgetaboutit. I wish I could. It's a freakin' mess.

I also have this feeling like I can't start school until the whole house is in perfect condition. I want every room to be clean so that my cleaning regimen is low maintenance. I want to put everything into the homeschooling and not be worrying about the messes everywhere.
The other thing that I need is to have meal plans. I don't want to worry about "What's for breakfast? What's for lunch? What's for dinner?"
So I'm working on putting together a binder full of recipes so that when I sit down to make a grocery list, I have all my recipes at hand. We'll see if it makes life easier. I'm slowing getting more organized. I didn't have any kind of training before becoming a wife and mother, so I just have to learn along the way and hope I don't do any real damage. :)

I would also like to do some yard work. There are a lot of weeds that need to be pulled. And if the actual weather isn't going to give me the back-to-school feel, I'll plant a bunch of mums in the yard and decorate the house with fall decor. Sounds like a good plan, except that I'm not ready to let go of summer. Did you know that I haven't even dipped my head under water at all this summer? I had to wait six weeks after Little Miss Sunshine's birth before I could even get into a pool. And then I didn't have a bathing suit. And then our weekends got really full. And now? Now summer is almost gone. And I'm going to have to survive through another long, cold winter before the prospects of swimming arise again. Don't know if I can wait that long....

This school year is going to be a good one though. I'm hoping it will be, at least. If I can ever get there.

I also have doctor's appointments to make this week and it's already Tuesday! I better get off this computer! Pray for me, okay? God knows I need all the help I can get! ~Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Its a lot to ask of yourself, remember to not over do it and burn out!!!
    One tip I can pass along that helps me tremdously and I learned it after having several young ones at once. Get a 1 subject binder, every day write out a 'to do' list that is NOT obessive compulsive. Pace yourself, if you see something that was not on this days 'to do' list add it to tomorrow's. This way you slowly and consistently get the work done and keep it done. If a day is full of Dr.'s appointments I don't expect anything to be put on my 'to do' list, there is always tomorrow!
    Good luck and I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete