Friday, September 18, 2009

Who's this fourth child?

Little Miss Chatterbox is always drawing family portraits of us and I love to see the different costumes and places she will draw us in. A few things never change. There's me and Mike. We're always wearing our glasses and Mike always has a beard.

Then there's Little Miss Chatterbox and she's always wearing pink or purple and has long curly hair.

Then there's Mr. Funny and he always has one piece of hair sticking straight up. Then there's Mr. Tickles and he always has a bunch of little spikes of hair coming out of his head. It's adorable. I can easily look at her pictures and know who is who.

Sometimes we're in a field of grass, with flowers everywhere. Sometimes we're dressed as kings and queens and are wearing crowns and jewels. Sometimes we're not even human. The latest has been the Orange Family where we are all there, as oranges. Except this time I noticed something different. A fourth child. A girl none the less because she was adorned in pink and purple just like Little Miss Chatterbox always is.

I pointed her out to Little Miss Chatterbox and asked, "Who's this fourth child?" She nonchalantly answered, "My sister!" as if I should have known. I replied, "But you don't have a sister." She looked at me and said, "Moooooooom. It's my future sister." Mr. Funny nodded his head with agreement. So I asked him, "You know about this future sister too?" "Yup", he said, "I prayed for five brothers and (Little Miss Chatterbox) prayed for six sisters." Then Little Miss Chatterbox added, "We're getting one of the sisters first. That's why I'm adding her to our family picture."
I see.

Hmm.... 11 + 3 = 14
Maybe that seems low to them because they just finished watching 101 Dalmations.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so funny!!!!! I think it's a done deal. Malia is just going to will it to happen. ;) hahahaha And the new she will apparently have straight hair..? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete