Saturday, September 14, 2013

Little Bear

Yesterday morning, as I was making my coffee in my quiet kitchen, I heard a sound outside the window that resembled the sound of someone throwing bottles into the trash can. I peeked through my window to find a bear's behind sticking out of my trash can. I ran and grabbed my camera. I came back to the window, tapped on the glass, and Little Bear looked up at me. Woah. I've got a bear in my backyard.
 

All the kids were still asleep, so I did what any sane mother would do. I went outside to get better pictures so I could show the kids when they woke up.


 Here he is, crossing second base.




 He took a nice stroll through the yard, and around our tree. I watched him put his nose in the air and take one last whiff before going through the bushes and into the neighbors yard. Bye, Little Bear!

Thanks for the mess.

*A little side note. I call him "little" because he was obviously not a grown bear, but still large! As John would say, he's more of a "teenager bear". I dubbed him Little Bear after one of our favorite characters from the Little Bear stories by Elsa Holmelund Minarik.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Jodi. Hope you are keeping the little ones close to the house!
    Would like to put some of these on Face Book do you mind?

    ReplyDelete