Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack!!

I can't believe it's been over a month since the last time I wrote a blog. Well, I don't think my faithful readers missed me too much. Oh, wait. I don't have any faithful readers! Hahaha. That is why I can get away with something like that. Okay, so I last left off with our terrible flood which has turned out to be a HUGE job. That is what I've been so occupied with. Any extra minute I have, I have put into fixing the basement. After soaking up all the water and removing the carpet and padding, we thought all was good. Until about a week later when I realized the walls were crawling with mold. So, the bottom of the walls were cut out and I have been mudding, painting, mudding and painting some more ever since. Mike (because of his embarrassment, I mean, humility, my husband has asked that I stop calling him Rock) put down new floors and is half way finished. It's slowly started to feel like home again. I haven't been able to do any of my summer school plans with the kids either. Maybe soon? But summer will be over before I know it. I hope that after all this basement work is done, we will still have time and funds for a vacation. Even if it's a short one! I want to try and catch the blog up on what's been goin' on around here, but we'll see if time allows for that. Still have half the basement and the classroom to complete. Not to mention the classroom bathroom. here are some pictures of the damage. Hope to have new pictures up soon!
TV/Library Area (this is the area that is now painted and has new flooring!)


Classroom



One part of the other side of basement (This is where I'd like to put the computer but Mike will need to add a phone line and electrical plugs over there. This should be no problem since he is an electrician)


Water damage to the bookshelf Mike made (No worries. He'll just cover it up with trim)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm your faithful reader! I kept checking back to see if you had posted anything. :)
    You two are the most dogged, determined people I have ever met. I would have hired the crew weeks ago and been done with it. I'm waaaay to lazy. You should feel very proud and happy for all the work you have done. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete