Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 6

The most dreaded week in pregnancy. Week 6.

This is where the nausea turns into throwing up.

This is when you can't think straight past noon because you're so freakin' tired.

This is when your pants start to feel a little tight and you get pains in your stomach because your uterus is starting to stretch.

Yup. Definitely the most dreaded week in all my pregnancies. Counting down to Week 14! That wonderful week when all the nausea magically goes away. 8 more weeks to go.... (sniff-sniff)

BUT-
I do keep in mind that being sick is a sign that the baby is healthy and a growing uterus is good because that means the baby is growing as he/she should be and well, maternity clothes are inevitable so there's no point in fretting over tight pants.

After almost needing to pull over and throw up on the side of the road on the way to taking Little Miss Chatterbox to school, I decided I wanted to try something different this time around.
I've been trying to fight it with all I've got. "I will NOT throw up!" I keep telling myself. Yes, I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Mr. Tickles and it didn't take long til I lost that battle. So, I figured I needed to come up with some reinforcements. I tried Ginger Ale but it was too sweet. Sweets are not allies in the battle of trying to defeat morning sickness. So, I decided I would look for ginger gum. I Googled it and it took me to Amazon and I found all kinds of neat things! I ended up buying this, this and this. And since I got all wrapped up researching those things I forgot all about the ginger gum. Oh, well. I'll try what I got and if that doesn't work I'll buy the gum. I'll let you know how it goes! And yes, I got expedited shipping. Now, if only I could drink caffeine, being pregnant wouldn't be so bad! Until then, I'm carrying around my ground ginger and keeping it up to my nose. I'm also eating foods with lots of protein and things that will really stick to my ribs, ya'know? And cheese! I stocked up on frozen Salisbury steaks, frozen mac n' cheese, frozen mashed potatoes, turkey lunch meat, cheese sticks, and I'm on the hunt for frozen grilled chicken breasts. Our local grocery store didn't have them. I also got frozen omelets because eggs have really helped too. I can wake up and have food ready in minutes and not have to actually do anything except throw it in the microwave. Probably not going to taste very good, but I'm not worried about that. As long as it stays down. Yes. I can already see those extra 70 pounds just waiting to jump on me. So I've got breakfast and lunch covered. But I don't even want to think about dinner. At least Mike and the children are very plain eaters and wouldn't argue with mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes for dinner. Maybe that's what we'll do. But frozen dinners can get really expensive. Maybe Mike won't mind cooking for a couple weeks. Or maybe I'll look for some easy crock pot recipes. Well, I've got a bunch of old frozen foods defrosting on my counter top because I had to make room for all my frozen meals. I need to go clean that up. Please pray for me that I can get through the next 8 weeks without losing my patience or my temper too much. And that I can keep up with household duties and homeschooling. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart. Everyone will just have to be patient and understanding. You do so much. This is the time when you should have NO qualms about taking time for yourself and your growing baby. I hope the items you got work for you. I love ginger candies and ginger gums. They always work wonders for my stomach. As does mint tea and mint gum.
    Costco is a great place to shop for all your frozen everything. You can get it MUCH cheaper and in bulk. I don't know if you have a membership, or know anyone who does. But I know they have grilled chicken breast and all sorts of stuff.
    We are thinking of you and sending our love!

    ReplyDelete