Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Beloved Season

Signs of fall are showing up everywhere.
The mornings are becoming crisp and cool.

*perfect for cuddling up under blankets*

The leaves are changing into gold and crimson works of art and perfuming the air with their smell.
The fridge is stocked with apple cider and caramel dip.
Pumpkin bread is in the oven.


Pumpkin lattes become a welcomed treat in the shortened evenings.
Kids talk excitingly about visits to the pumpkin patch and eagerly watch the leaves drop in hope that soon there will be enough to jump in.
Costumes are being made.
Apples need to be picked.


Bright and colorful pansies and mums are popping up all over the place.
Soups, stews and chili fill up our dinner menu.
I love everything about this season.
Except for one thing...


How fast it passes by. Every year I just want to grab it, hold it tight and beg it to stay. Because I know all too well how quickly it will leave us. I want to enjoy every minute of it. I need to take advantage of it's beautiful weather. Take long, deep breaths of it's air. Share the beauties of this season with my children.


Because one night, Fall will sneak out and leave us behind. And we'll be stuck with cold and lonely Winter. And we'll have to wait another year before fall graces us with it's splendor. Only once a year can I look up at the bright blue sky and see color all around me, feeling a cool breeze on my face, my heart feeling like it will burst with joy and for one split second, feel like a kid again.


Yes, fall is here my friends. Let's enjoy it and take all it has to offer.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! I miss the Fall. :( I still have the picture impression of the leaves you and Malia colored for me years ago. I still love it. :)
    Today is our sixth day of rain. When it finally dries out we will be going to the pumpkin patch and taking the dogs. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete