Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mr. Funny's Eczema


Mr. Funny has had a problem with eczema for a while now. It gets worse in the winter and I try to keep lotion on his skin so it doesn't get too dry. But lately he has complained that lotion makes his skin burn. He wakes up in the night, scratching his legs until they bleed. This past week it looked worse than usual so I took him to our family doctor yesterday. Because of his scratching, he left open wounds and invited bacteria right in. So now he has impetigo. Our doc gave him an antibiotic, told me to put hydro cortisone cream on it at bedtime, suggests soaking in the tub 10-15 minutes every night before bed and then putting lotion on before he completely dries from his bath. She also wants him to see an allergist to get tested for food allergies that may be causing his eczema to be flare up. Poor Mr. Funny. I know it's miserable. I hope we can get this taken care of soon.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Aveeno Baby cream for eczema? David has it also and that's what I use on him after every bath while he's still damp and also most mornings when I get him dressed. (I know I 'm a little late on this comment but I just heard about your blog so I started at the beginning and I'm reading them all to get caught up on your life!)

    ReplyDelete