Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daybook #5

Outside my window... snow! I can't believe it. Last week the kids were playing outside in short sleeves because it was 70 degrees outside. Even my bulbs thought it was spring! Our crocus' bloomed and the hyacinths are on their way up. I know I said I wanted more snow, but after having a taste of warm weather, I think I'll stay inside and pretend the snow isn't there...
I am thinking... about how busy March is going to be. Wait, isn't that the case with every month? ;)
I am thankful for...
*Sundays. No matter how busy the weeks get, I can always count on a relaxing Sunday.
*Mike being home in the evenings. No more OT!!!
From the learning room... All About Spelling is a fantastic program! I have so much fun using it with the kids and they enjoy it too. It's so much more than just a spelling program. Mr. Funny is learning his phonics with it too which is also teaching him to read. Love it! I highly recommend it to all parents!
From the kitchen... finally able to get groceries and follow a menu plan again! Not knowing what you're going to feed your family for dinner can be so stressful!
I am creating...
-thank you cards for all the wonderful gifts Mr. Funny received for his birthday
-First Holy Communion plans
-Lent plans
-Easter plans
-Birthday plans for Mr. Tickle
I am read
ing... The Hidden Power of Kindness by Lawrence G. Lovasik
I am hoping... that the stomach flu has left the building for good! It went from LM Sunshine, to Mr. Tickle, me and then to LM Chatterbox. We were fine Saturday and Sunday and I figured Mike and Mr. Funny were going to be spared. But then after driving all the way to work yesterday morning, Mike had to turn around and come up because he too got sick. Here's hoping it won't get to Mr. Funny!
I am praying... for Teresa. And many pregnant friends. :)
I am hearing... Mozart. The kids and I are learning about him in school.
Around the house... way too much STUFF. Didn't finish the girl's room. Decided to work in my room instead. Even went out and bought paint for our room this weekend! I get so excited about painting. I have been staring at these white walls for 4 1/2 years now. It's time for some color! Pictures to come when it gets done.
One of my favorite things.... sunshine and warm days.
Living the Liturgical Year...it is currently Ordinary Time. A little bit of quiet before Lent comes- the hardest but most rewarding time of the year.
Little Miss Sunshine this week... is becoming quite the little Daddy's Girl. When Mike gets home from work she flashes him her biggest smile to draw him in so he'll hold her. And at other times, if I am holding her and Mike comes into sight, she reaches for him. Sweetest thing ever.
Netflix Movie Review... We watched "Emma" starring Gwyneth Paltrow. Mike was reluctant to watch it and then fell asleep within the first five minutes. Haha. I thought the character, Emma, was annoying. And since she was the main character, well, I just didn't enjoy it that much.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Silly Goose

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I didn't like Emma either. I just really don't like Gweneth Paltrow in general. Ever since she dumped Winona as a friend just because of a little shop lifting incident. Fair weather friend! lol And she always sounds really stuck up in interviews. I do like her in the Iron Man movies though, I have to say.
    I thought Mr. Funny did get sick!! So glad he didn't. Hope Mike is on the mend and that you guys are done!

    ReplyDelete