Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting Closer

Lots of stuff crossed off my "Things To Do Before Baby Comes" list and feeling really good about it! I'm also coming to that point of the pregnancy where I don't want to be pregnant anymore. Yep.
I'm ready to carry her in my arms rather than this big belly!
Having the car seat ready was a big deal to me and I got that done today. Well, almost done. It's washed and drying but not put back together yet. Once I know that I have a car seat to bring her home in, I will be shouting, "C'mon, baby girl! We're ready for you!" I can't believe the time has come already. I will be so relieved when this is all over and I am home with my baby. There's this little part of me that is completely freaked out and worried that something bad is going to happen. Why? Well, because this pregnancy has been so perfect. And I know that things are not supposed to be perfect. Things are never perfect. And so I am waiting for something to happen. I know, I shouldn't be so pessimistic! But I think it's more realistic than anything else. As long as I walk out of that hospital healthy and with a healthy baby, I will be happy. Oh, and I'd like breastfeeding to go really well. The only time I had the "baby blues" was with Mr. Funny and I honestly think it had to do with my breastfeeding difficulties. I need that oxytocin!
Okay, so I'm thinking that maybe I'll end up having to be induced and go through another labor on pitocin. Or maybe Little Miss Sunshine will end up coming out a boy! (Not that a boy would be bad, but he'd have to wear a lot of pink!) Whatever it might be, I pray that I will have the strength to get through it.
Okay, enough of that. I'm going to go think about what I want the kids shirts to say.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment