Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 90 (and the start of eating healthy)

This is day 90 of pregnancy #4 and the countdown ticker says that the baby has taste buds now! Just in time for my new healthy eating plan which I'm starting today. Maybe the baby will pick up on these healthy foods and be a healthy eater. (unlike his or her sister and brothers).
Here's my plan:
according to www.mypryamid.gov I can have 2400 calories a day. I'm tracking my calorie intake on that website too. They also let you know what percentage of grains, veges, fruits, dairy and meat and beans that you have had in a day.
I'm also exercising now! My brother gave us his treadmill so I will be walking everyday. I only did 15 minutes today and I can already feel it!
I'm also going to try to stay away from these things:
sweets
fast food
potato chips
unnecessary snacking
condiments
soda
Ya'know, all the good stuff.
I gotta stick to this, people! My goal was not to go over 180 pounds this pregnancy. After all the holidays, guess how much I weigh? 175! SO I seriously need to do this. It helps to keep in mind that I need to do this for the baby. (It also helps to know that I won't have so many pounds to lose after the baby is born!)
Wish me luck...I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck sweetheart! I love my treadmill. I didn't even know lil bro had one! Very cool. There is also this website that is free that I LOVE: www.sparkpeople.com. I am back on the wagon as well. I gained five pounds over the holidays. :( Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My treadmill was my best friend through my pregnancies. It died last year and I'm still not over it!
    Good luck with all your wholesome food goodness, this post inspired me and I'm not even pregnant!

    ReplyDelete